Sunday 13 September 2009

Sunday 13th September

A family Sunday with lots going on but nothing going on if you know what I mean, one of those days we spent just pottering around with this and that! Here are some piccies of what was going on. Mike and Jamie were making a Star Wars Lego ship, which (fingers crossed) should be finished tomorrow. Binnie decided she wanted a big cuddle of Mike and was having one even if he didn't. Here he is finally caught on camera giving her a kiss, he protests that he doesn't like her, but you make your mind up!




She certainly looks quite content sat on his shoulder,




and here she is practically asleep!



Whilst Mike and Jamie were dong the Lego, I was clearing and sorting out my flower arranging stuff, which seems to have taken over! I am storing some of it in Jamie's tree house, as in the coming months I know I am going to need access to it (there is a big announcement coming - and that is a hint - more to be revealed as the week goes on!) Below are some of my plastic trays. I thought if I keep a folder of pictures of what I have I will be able to know exactly what I want from the box I keep them in - that's the theory anyway!



This is 1 of 2 frames my neighbour made for me for the Bucks Show competition, I used the arched one in the end, but this will be kept for future use, or to be borrowed by one of my flower arranging chums. All together the two cost about £10 so I think they have been a total bargain.





Here's the arched one.






More of my plastic containers





and a box full of them.





Here are my candle cups and a couple of larger bases and the compo which I use for pedestal arrangements. But seeing the pedestal used in church, I think I may get one of those in due course too.




I have been trying to catch up with all of my emails and I have only 4 left to deal with, which is almost unheard of for me. I have probably bombarded everyone today with emails and now their inboxes will be full instead of mine. But I am working on clearing my desk, inbox and making sure all my floristry stuff is in order over this coming week, and that I get the housework sorted too. I want to start next week with a lovely clean desk, house and slate!

Yesterday I popped into Winslow, where the lady who has brought the shop to the crop (!) was selling off a lot of her stock, v cheap, so despite being on a scrap crap diet (!) I splurged out all of £6.50 on the following, with Jamie adding a couple of bits into it too!



Some My Mind Eye and Teresea Collins - I like this one because it has a rock star type look about it.

Basic Grey, K & Co US States which we thought we may be able to use for a project at school (well eventually) and some doodlebug, into black and white at the moment.

A Basic Grey for me, and a couple that Jamie took a shine to, at 5p a sheet couldn't grumble.

Some more basic grey, I love these colours, these are really me colours. I already used some of these pattern in layouts and so have replaced some which I know I will use again.

A sunflower stamp, I can't resist sunflowers and a lady in a cloche hat, good for ATC's, inchies, twinchies etc.

I like borders, so the stamp (which is double sided) will be useful and the Italy stamps we are storing up for a possible school project, or a trip to Italy and the alphabet is American Crafts so all good items and only 50p each, a total bargain. I had looked at the dates for Ally Pally but I'm not going to be able to make that date other priorities. Now all I need is to get some scrapbooking done.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 7/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...