Sunday 20 September 2009

Friars Update

Time for a Friars update, which you can find at either http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/ or at http://aylesburyfriars.blogspot.com/. Lots and lots of new interesting stuff including interviews with shed loads of people including Steve Hackett formerly of Genesis, a couple of Marillion past and present and Ray Laidlow of Jack the Lad and also Geordie favourites Lindisfarne (Northern heroes too).



There are some fab photos of amongst other The Clash and Ian Dury - I have had a sneak peak of some to come in the future and I have to say I am personally very taken with a particular Irish legend who we tend to refer to as Sir Bono! So if you are interested in rock and pop history do check out the Don Stone Gallery on the website, and to add to it, Don is a thoroughly nice chap to boot, even if he does live in the middle of no-where!! All I am saying is on the evening we went to visit I am SO glad we did not meet another car, let alone a tractor coming the other way!!!!! I have never seen Mike have to reverse over 2.5 miles and will be happy to live the rest of my life not having to do so!!!



There are also details of the latest Friars Awards including the one I photographed when Howard Jones received his backstage at Wembly Arena (sorry I know name dropping but well it has to be done!!) and details of the next gig on October 23rd with Stiff Little Fingers, Penetration and The Disco Students.



Also keep an eye and an ear out for The Disco Students as there are plans afoot for them to re-record their track 'I Met My Girlfriend At A Friars Gig' and possibly aim for a hit with it! More details on that as they become available.


As you can see Mike has been a busy bunny again!!

As for me sadly there was no crop again this month, so I have missed out on my scrapbooking, I will have a look around and see if I can find another one running locally outside of Olney which I go to as and when Mike's shifts and our other commitments allow. I have missed my scrapping and need a fix soon!

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 7/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...