Friday 25 September 2009

Tuesday and Wednesday

Back into college again Tuesday and Wednesday. I am pretty pleased as my timetable is 3 full days and no bits of days which works well as I can do all the other stuff on those days off - hopefully. Tuesday we made our first arrangement and everyone did really well. It was a simple line arrangement with pink carnations, which we then added bits (ting ting, fir cones, seed heads etc) and made it a more decorative arrangement. Below is a photo of the decorative arrangement.




We started work on the colour wheel and started getting to grips with assignments and the likes. There does appear as though there will be an awful lot of work. Again parking is just a big pain in the bum and a major discussion point during our breaks. We seem to have divided into two groups, which is not surprising in a way as there is the older group and the younger group with the under 19's but we are starting that whole forming, storming, norming and performing thing.


Wednesday mornings we have our tutorial session and this morning the head of the department came in to give us all that hello and welcome chat. I have to say I was somewhat underwhelmed as I got the feeling, that they felt they were doing us a favour teaching us etc, when most on the course have paid an awful lot of money to be there, some of it was seemingly the kind of thing you would deliver to late teens and not mature adults, and some of us on the course are very mature adults!!


As you know I am a bit p*ss*d off about the parking situation and there has been a little bit of email correspondence between me and some college parties about this, one of those copied in on their side was the head of department. So when he came to the end of his spiel and asked if anyone had any comments, I chipped in and said that I felt the parking situation was a travesty and the college ought to be ashamed treating students in that way. There was a bit of to and fro, and I said ultimately that I thought he and they were wrong and that we would have to disagree. When we went off for coffee later, my classmates all kind of supported me and said "it's always the quiet ones". I am getting to enjoy this standing up for myself business, it sure makes you feel good about yourself when you have expressed your opinion to those in authority.





Wednesday I made a single ended spray which is from the funeral work section of the course. I guess the way to look at that end of the work is to think that you are doing a service for a grieving family and that by giving your best professional endevours you are doing the very best for that family that you can, in perhaps one of the last ways they are able to do something for their family member. Thinking about it in that way has made it easier to relate to the work that has to be done in this part of the syllabus. Below are some pictures of my single ended spray taken in our back garden.




My spray is currently sitting on Nelson's favourite spot to sit in the garden, so it is out there is rememberance of the dogs.





By the time I was home on Wednesday I was pretty shattered as it has seemed to have been a pretty long week for me. It is quite difficult for me to do to much on an evening that may get better as time goes on, and on Tuesday Jamie seemed to spend forever doing his Maths homework. I have a fair amount of work to do this weekend so I guess I had better get on and do some of it and stop nattering on here!


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...