Tuesday 1 September 2009

Flower Group and Another Competition!

I cannot believe how quickly flower club has come around again. So after a morning of doing some usual bits and bobs, I decided that this month I would enter the competition and do an arrangement for the evening. It is a just for fun one, so I thought what can I do as the theme was recycled or reused. I spotted this persil tab box waiting to go into the bin and thought, I can use that. Jamie's friend Jake was around this afternoon and evening so Jamie was a happy bunny and Mike was busy with his bits and pieces too.




I decided I would cover the outside of the box with mediliano (?) sticks and some raffia and then do a simple arrangement in the box. I cut my sticks and stuck them down with double sided tape, tied a big bow with the raffia and I was very pleased with the result. And now I have another container to re-use again and again! So here is what it looked like when it was all finished. In this picture you can just see the blue peeking through at the top. And it looks fab in our hallway! It didn't win, the winner was two plastic milk bottles glued together, and the winner had created a fantastic line in the arrangement so a well deserved win for him!



I forgot my camera which I could really kick myself for as the arrangements were once again stunning from the demonstrator. She started off with a blue arrangement in a cast iron trough, then she did a psychedelic type arrangement, part of which you can see below, as I won one part of it in the raffle (again!). A third one she did with a hug twig circle as the backdrop and then another with pheasant berries and orchids it was a very big wow and to finish off she did a HUGE pedestal style arrangement another Wow! My friend June, who I go with, and we meet up with Sylvia and Rebecca there, won the pedestal arrangement, and we just about managed to get it into the car and then from the car into her kitchen! It was stunning!


Sylvia had brought me a cutting of one of her heuchera (a green one) so now I have 3 - my collection is coming along! And then when I got home, I couldn't get into bed as this is what I found, Jamie fast asleep on my side of the bed! We've had a few problems with spiders (I think it is spider time of year, as we had one in the living room which scared the babysitter on Friday) in his room and he is not too keen on them and figures he will be safer in our bed. What then happens is I make a bed up on the floor on my side and he gets put into that one - he loves it on the floor, thinks its an adventure and me soft as I am let him get away with it! It's ok on holidays but he can't do it when he's back at school!



My sleeping beauty!*


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones
SLYMI - 1/52
*He is going to be really pleased when he sees this picture - aren't you Jamie!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...