Monday 21 September 2009

First Day At College

So how did my first day at college go well not too bad. Good points and some not so good points. First, as with all of these things there is a new routine to get used to, and after being a SAHM for 4 years that is going to take some getting used to. Lots of things to take in and I am not sure I quite got to grips with how it is all going to work just yet. Got a toolbox, which is very heavy and cumbersome, but some interesting stuff inside (most of which I already have) BUT it does have a glue gun, so don't need to buy one now. Miffed as we were told to buy an apron and then were provided with one, as I have bought my own!

The other 'girls' on the course all seem ok and the ages vary from about 18 to 55 so a wide variety of people are covered. I think it is too early to have a full impression about any of it really as there has been so much to take in. Today I learnt how to wrap flowers in a cone wrap and tie bows, not too bad with the wrapping and pretty bad at the bows will need to practice.

My major bone of contention is the appalling parking situation, it is quite simple THERE IS NO WHERE TO PARK! I think the college management are treating fee paying students like myself like dirt. Especially when there are going to be a lot of people like myself who have family comitments too and the college response is you either take the park and ride (totally useless if you need to collect children from school!) or you park where you can - be it quite a walk in Sainsbury's car park (at a cost to you!), or maybe on this or that piece of abandoned ground regardless of the safety aspect, especially to women walking about on their own or just abandon your car near the college and take pot luck that you will not be clamped or towed away. As my own time allows I feel this is one that I may be pursuing long term. I have rarely paid as much as I have for this course for anything outside of a house or a car and maybe a holiday and then been treated like they are doing me a favour or even worse, they are being my green environmental conscience - and of course all of the teaching staff get to park and no doubt the management of the college will park to, I bet they don't use the park and ride. If you have a child at the college creche you can park in the college car park, if you have a child at school you can't - doesn't seem to make much sense to me. If you are a student who starts after 3 pm you can park in the car park, if you are a student who finishes their day after 3 pm you can't. This one will run and run!

Very tired.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...