Sunday 13 September 2009

Friday - St Mary's Church Flowers

Mike and I went out for a walk this morning with Binnie but this afternoon I was going to church. I was going to church with my friend June to help her with the church flowers for St Mary's Church in Bletchley, the one near Bletchley Park. What a lovely church it is inside too, sadly the pews have gone, but I can see why as it gives the congregation many more ways to use the space.


We had a lovely time arranging the flowers and I have to say I think we have done a grand job and I am sure that everyone visiting the church will love them. June has done a really super job with a large pedestal arrangement, the largest she has ever done and I think she should be very pleased with her achievement, I would be! She also choose the flowers very well and we had tons of donated foliage.


I did an arrangement for the font and one on the poor box, I have to say it was an honour to do them, especially as the poor box dated from 1637 and the font is such a special place in church. It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon and I really felt at home at the church, so I think I will probably take Jamie there in future and whilst we do not go to church regularly we do go occasionally and it did appear to be a very welcoming place. I've never arranged flowers in such a wonderful setting or historic place or with such a pleasant purpose so it was really uplifting - perhaps what church is all about.


Here is June's lovely pedestal



mine on the font,

and the poor box.



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 7/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...