Monday 28 September 2009

Thursday 24th September

Perhaps not surprisingly I was quite tired today! The PTLLS days were not quite so long, and a whole heap less stressful and no parking issues either.

Tried to get on with a few jobs and chores, but didn't fare too well, did a little bit of FA as I had some flowers to use up from college and some of my Thame show arrangements were finished so I started swapping them over. Below is foliage from the Thame show refreshed with some roses, a peachy colour with a pretty edge around the petals.






Some left over white spray carnations from college which I added into my feather confection to replace the calla lillies I had in there.






I also did this little arrangement for Brian over the road, it's still early days after Shala and we are still missing her, so goodness knows what its like for him. I think another doggie may be on the cards but not quite yet.





I was also at the dentist this morning - and I really hate going to the Dentist. Although this morning was no where near as bad as a couple of weeks ago and I was done and dusted in just over 20 minutes. I popped into the charity shop near the dentist and picked up a really nice dish, which will do for some flower arrangements, possibly even Ikebana due to its shape. It was a bargain at £2.00 it came from M&S so would have cost a lot more than that.




Finally the Lego is finished, hooray! It has taken some doing and a fair bit of angst from all in the house, Jamie just couldn't get his head around this one, but finally it is done! It is from Star Wars, Clone Wars and is pretty big, he will fit it into his bedroom eventually, once it has done the obligatory 2 weeks in the sitting room and everyone who pops by has given the requisite oohs and ahhs!!







Jamie also needed to submit his entry into the sunflower competition, here he is, with his now dead sunflower (but we are keeping the seeds for next year) it measures 1m 68 cms, so we will see how he gets on.



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...