Saturday 19 September 2009

Thursday 17th September - Thame and Oxfordshire Show


Some of the flower arrangement entries!


So how did I do? Well my cakes and jams didn't get anywhere this year, but I will have another go at them next year.



I got a Second Prize in the Papercrating with the scrapbook page below - wow! So next year I will plan ahead and create a page specially for the show, I will be aiming for maintaining second prize, if not going one step further - I'm getting ambitious now! Here is a picture of my Second Prize certificate too and my envelope with my £1.50 winnings which Jamie has claimed!










Some entries in the flower arranging ....






And as for the flower arranging well as you can see from the arrangements above there were some super arrangements so I really wasn't expecting anything at all, so I was very pleasantly surprised to find I had got 2 Very Highly Commended, one in the novice class and one in the gardening class - I am really really really pleased.




The judge of the competition is a former national demonstrator for NAFAS so that makes her comments on my arrangements really useful and pleasing too as to be a national demonstrator you have to be exceptionally good. I believe there are currently only a handful of national demonstrators. The comments on my arrangements were pleasing, so I feel I am well on my way. I am not sure if this means I can't compete in the novice class next year or not - well I will find out nearer the time.


Here are my arrangements - this one was in the novice class and was called 'Out of the Blue' it was meant to show in some way Floral Art, and I think I managed it. Some of the comments were "good interpretation but just too much wire as it detracts from the plant material" and I've included a picture of the VHC card above too! I am so pleased!









Here is my entry for the Gardening class - and I have called it 'Where Have All the Flowers Gone', and some of the comments were "good selection of plant material with excellent variation of shape and texture. The container is dominant and a darker colour would have unified the whole exhibit" , so I am really pleased with this one too.





And here is the final one in the Pottery Making, I couldn't come up with a title for this so just called it Pottery and I didn't quite finish it the way I wanted but the judge like the choice of container and the condition of the flowers.






But a pleasing day all round!


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Luceno
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...