Tuesday 23 June 2009

Father's Day

Father' Day so definitely a day to relax and chill. Lazy breakfast, we even got the Sunday papers today (we don't get them that often any more 'cos we just don't get time to read them). Jamie made Mike a lovely card, all by himself and I had knocked something up too. I'm not really a card maker, don't get the same buzz from it that I do scrapbooking, guess it has something to do with telling a story. But when I have used my supply of cards I will have a go at a few, 'cos a homemade card is a nice thing to receive.

We got Mike a couple of books for Father's Day, I've noticed that we so rarely buy CD's these days now we are Napster people. We chose Stuart Maconie - Adventures on the High Teas and Mark Radcliffe's Thank You For the Days: A Boys Own Adventures in Radio, both are right up Mike's street and he has read and enjoyed one of Stuart Maconie's other books.

We decided to go to Dobbies for coffee and cake, which we really enjoyed. I picked up some bedding plants whilst we were there. While Mike fired up the BBQ, I potted up some hanging baskets and pots. I unearthed a very large ant nest full of eggs, so boiled the kettle a couple of times to help get rid of. Having Jamie and Binnie means I am very very reluctant to use any chemicals in the garden.

Had an enjoyable BBQ and strawberries and cream afterwards, lovely! We watched Top Gear in amazement as Schumacher was 'revealed' as The Stig, well maybe for that day he was. After that we all had an early night, which we were in need of.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 2/16 - currently reading T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...