Saturday 6 June 2009

Race for Life - Milton Keynes

Saturday 30th May - Race for Life

So today is the big day, the Race for Life in Campbell Park, Milton Keynes. Not too much chat just some pictures of the day. I managed to complete the course in 1 hour and 1 minute, which I was pleased about, I was hoping for 55 minutes but the weather was very hot, the course was a bit uneven in places and the big hill at the end was a killer so 61 minutes I am pleased with. And that's without talking about my blisters.

(Hannah, I know you read this, so the challenge is on for next year - no sneaking off on holiday to avoid it!!!!)



Ready and waiting for the start, number 2446 ......


The back end of the joggers, I was somewhere in the middle of the walkers!



The walkers heading for the start line, can you spot me, I had my mobile phone ready to check my start time ....



Jamie is waiting for me on my return, he looks a bit concerned, c'mon Mum where are you ......





People waiting on the hill, the 'lovely' guy from Heart FM kept pointing out to the competitors that we would have to come up the hill right at the end of the race, nice .....



I've made it to the hill, I spotted Mike and Jamie waiting for me at the side of the hill, I was on top of them before they spotted me. I said, can't stop now and headed onwards up the hill ....


Some encouragement from Jamie for the last 100 m, it was hot .........






THE FINISH LINE, I'm just checking my time and wanting some more water ......
YES! I've done it, I've got my water and my medal and raised over £100 too, it's always a brilliant event, and now can't wait until next year.

As for the blisters, well despite wearing my trainers for walking regularly for over a year, I ended up with two huge blisters, really huge and was crippled for the rest of the day, but it was worth it, it seems such a small thing to do for such a good cause, I lost my Mum to breast cancer, we lost Mike's Dad to a brain tumor, a work colleague to stomach cancer. Thankfully my very dear friend Linda from up north survived, so my race was dedicated to all of them.
Ciao

Sue

XX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...