Monday 15 June 2009

Friday 12th June - I Have A Manicure

Jamie had lots to remember this morning as his scrapbook had to be handed in at school and it was a non-uniform day when the children could dress up as what they want to be when they grow up. So scrapbook in hand, Jamie headed off to school dressed as James Hetfield from Metallica, the question I have to ask is - are we doing something right or wrong? Well he looked cool in jeans, Metallica t-shirt and shades, I drew the line with that hanky in the back pocket that Hetfield does - well it was school after all.


As for me after chores and bits, I headed up to the salon for a manicure! I have never had the best of nails and didn't help myself by chewing them (sorry) but I have grown them and they are long! Yipee!! Therefore, as a little keep going reward to myself for something I can't reveal yet I had a manicure and it was very enjoyable. Hannah the beautician at my local salon was excellent and I'm sure I'll be back again in the future. Although, it won't be a regular treat, sadly, honest Mike I promise.

I am, I'm ashamed to admit, usually a jump in the car person if I go to the salon, post-office, the corner shop but in my efforts to be fitter and healthier I'm trying to walk more in the course of those errands. So I walked to the salon, and really enjoyed it and thus felt pretty pleased with myself too.

As I haven't had nails long enough for a manicure in years, I decided to have the full works and go for the deluxe manicure. So after a good filing, cuticle treatment, waxing and massage, my nails and hands looked and felt brilliant. I choose a dark plum colour for the varnish and I am loving it, very much incentive to keep them nice!

One of the SLYMI challenges is to scrap a self-portrait so I will take a picture of my nails and make a layout out of that, should be a bit different for me. I will post the layout here when it is complete.
Ciao

Sue

XX
Reading challenge 1/16 - currently reading The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner

SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...