Wednesday 10 June 2009

My New Scrapbooking Stash

Wednesday 3rd June - Some Scrapbooking Stash


Not too much talk today, just a look through my new scrapbooking stash. I bought a few bits during half term but today some items I ordered off the web have arrived. I try not to buy too much because it's very easy to get carried away and to have stuff stuck in the cupboard and never used, which I don't like doing. I have seen it done to an extreme extent and the hobby seems to be buying the stash rather than using it! For me scrapbooking is about telling a story - be it of the person, the event, the day etc, it is always about the creative process and the end result.



After having a major major spend at Capture the Magic and Calico Crafts over Easter, well it seemed churlish not to call in as we were passing directly by both, rather well planned on my part I think. Poor Mike and Jamie had to wait for about 2 hours whilst I was in both of them! So now I can scrap to my heart's content for the next few months without needing anything (I hope).


So I have bought a handful of papers, I've gone off buying pads, as I find I use some pages and then are left with others I don't particularly like. Whilst being creative, I also want to be savvy about what I spend my money on!

Some Basic Gray, Sassafrass Lass, October Afternoon and 7 Gypsies .....they should be good for about 10 - 12 layouts.







Some October Afternoon embellishments and alphabets, OA is one my favourite companies at the moment - I am so into their products.





All the rest is My Mind's Eye, which is one of my top 3 - but all of these packs were really cheap between £4 and £6 ish which I think is pretty good value. These are older papers, I don't feel the need to 'have the latest' I would rather it fit with what I want to create. I think with the following papers I will be doing lots of family pages, but that's what I do anyway!

My Little Prince - wonder who that might be?



My Husband - I never scrap enough about Mike!




You Are My Sunshine - Jamie, Mike, Binnie


Pals




Love of My Life - Mmmmmm?


The Two of Us




Our Family



I am looking forward to using all of these.

Ciao

Sue

XX
(reading challenge 0/16 - currently reading Only Dad by Alan Titchmarsh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...