Friday 12 June 2009

Some More Scrapbooking

Jamie and I have been scrapbooking again - here are some pages we've done over the past few days. Jamie's scrapbook is due to be handed in at school next week so thankfully he is just about finished it.

I've decided to give the UK Scrappers 'Scrap Like You Mean It' (SLYMI) Challenge a go and although they're now into week 22 , it gives me something to get my teeth into. To complete them all by the end of the year will be my goal. The current challenge is from a sketch with the theme of minimalism - so here are my pages .........



Cute - using a super picture of Jamie, I'm really pleased with this and the combination of colours, really works well, this is now one of my favourite pages. The paper is from one of the MME kits, the red strip Basic Grey.


Doug - another Doug Aldrich page (yes I know - but he does it for me!) I turned the sketch around, I like the stitching under the photo (well rub-on) but not as keen with the way I did the journalling. As a style I like the minimalist approach for some layouts, when the picture is striking and you want to really highlight it or you have some fantastic paper.


Then I did another couple of pages in a minimalist (ish) style using one of the MME kits.

My Husband - love this one, just a great photo of Mike and the masculine colours work well too.




The Way You Look At Me - one from our wedding day, with a bit of a private joke between Mike and I! I like the rounded corners, and I just think the MME papers look so classy. So for about £4.50 I have got 3 layouts and I still have some tags and journalling bits left over, pretty good value!


Finally Argostoli Ice-Cream - a page about our holiday last year when we spent the day in Argostoli and ate some of the best ice-cream I have ever tasted, the journalling reads,


"Saturday 19th July, 2008, Argostoli, Kefalonia. We spent a lovely day wandering around Argostoli, the capital of Kefalonia. Jamie is stood outside a bar on the harbour side where we sought refuge from the heat and enjoyed several cold drinks! Mike and Jamie are taking a rest on a bench, hats, sun-cream and water was essential. Later we had some of the nicest ice-cream I have ever tasted. A truly lovely day. "

Another green page, I do love my green, but with lots of layers of paper, I had a go outlining the title and am quite pleased with the result, I will use that technique again. I guess this layout reflects why I like scrapbooking so much, I get to tell the story of that day and just add that bit extra to the photos.

Ciao

Sue

XX
Reading challenge 0/16 - currently reading Only Dad by Alan Titchmarsh
UK Scrappers - SLYMI challenge - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...