Tuesday 23 June 2009

Finally - They Are All Gone!

Friday 19th June

As Mike was off to do a couple of bits for his Mum this morning, I thought I would send over a couple of arrangements for her, so he was sent out with them and a list of the foliage I needed from her garden to complete my last arrangement. And I got on with all of my usual bits and pieces around the house. Binnie getting on very well, Jamie safely at school and I had Metallica on loud.


Mike came home with some exciting news, there is going to be another Friars Gig (hooray), after last time I can hardly wait - Friday October 23rd with Stiff Little Fingers. Check out full details at http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/.
We are going to have a busy October, what with birthdays, wedding anniversery, Spandau Ballet, Sound of Music, La Cage Aux Folles (with John Barrowman) and now a Friars Gig too. My own musical taste is nothing if not eclectic!






So here it is, I think I did about 14 arrangements with the flowers I bought at CRM, so actually they worked out very reasonably priced per arrangement! This arrangement is an asymetrical arrangement, it is triangled shaped, I tend to think of it as either an L or backward L - this one is the backward L. I am very pleased with this one. I had got some chyosia (a favourite, I love the smell), conifer, variegated laurel and a couple of other bits off Mike's Mum and they worked incredibly well. I used the conifer to give me the line and height, then used alstro to support the line, the lillies took centre stage backed up with peony (are they ever going to open?) and carnations.

Mike and I went up to school to view the portraits the children had painted during creativity week and have a look at the scrapbooks they had done. Jamie was disappointed he hadn't won anything in the competition (he should - but I'm going to say that). The winner was very good, I told Jamie he should be very proud of his, he had done all of the work himself and that is very important! Here is a picture of Jamie with his self portrait.



Jamie was happy, it is the weekend and all his new clothes arrived, (he chose his own this time with only a little help from me - I love Next online, have I mentioned I hate shopping!). He has got some super t-shirts and lots of shorts for the summer and very expensive sandals (Timberland). Mike is happy there is going to be another Friars Gig, I'm happy Mike is home for the weekend so we are going to have a lovely family, chillin weekend.


Ciao

Sue

XX
Reading challenge 2/16 - currently reading T is for Trespass by Sue Grafton
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...