Monday 15 June 2009

More Flower Arranging! (Thursday 11th June)

I know I've been going on about the work we did in our hallway, stairs and landing on and off for some time now, but as with all these things, there are always one or two niggly little jobs that linger on for some time afterwards, well they do in this house! But we have now almost finished, I still need to sort out a couple of new plants and a couple of pictures need to go back up, but I need to make a trip to Ikea for the plants and the picture hooks, but feel a trip to Ikea can wait until I can make it worth my while.



I love Ikea and we're lucky enough to have one less than 10 minutes away, but I always spend a small fortune when I go to Ikea, so feel the longer I delay it the better. And now I do so much flower arranging, I am always spotting a new container, I'd like to try and make an arrangement in, so it is even more expensive!





But the shelf and coat hook are now both up and look brill! And I have re-done the dried flower arrangement I have near the top of the stairs, in the bit that curves round (you know what I mean). Some time ago I'd bought some artificial flowers and foliage and kind of just dumped them in a plant pot, because I have never been able to get a plant to survive in that spot. But now the flower arranger in me felt I had to make them look more special, so today that is what I did, and so I have a triangle/pedestal type arrangement and I am pretty pleased with it. It does look good from all angles, looking up from downstairs, as you approach it on the stairs and from above it on the landing. Love the colours in so rich! See what you think .....



Ciao

Sue

XX
Reading challenge 1/16 - currently reading The Stone Rose by Jacqueline Rayner
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...