Sunday 2 August 2009

Aylesbury for Sunday Lunch

I managed to have a lie in this morning, which I don't do very often. So we had a relaxing day, I know I have a busy week coming up so it was nice. We headed off to Mike's Mum's for Sunday Lunch later in the day and had a lovely meal. I raided her garden for foliage as usual! We then left Jamie with her for a couple of days as I am out all day for the next four days and Mike is working Monday and Tuesday. We rarely have 'childcare issues' but for a couple of days we needed a hand.

We took a decision early on after having Jamie that we wanted to do almost all of the care for Jamie. We have seen how other people do things and everyone does it there way, but for us we wanted to make sure we organised our lives so one or the other of us was around to look after him most of the time. Mike working shifts, me only working part time or being at home full-time has made it easy for us to do that and whilst we have had to sacrifice some material things for us it was the right decision. So having days when we are both committed to something is very much a rarity and something I probably find more difficult than anyone else, Mike likes the peace and quiet and Jamie likes being spoiled by his Grandma.

When we got home I got all of my bits and pieces ready for Monday and tried to get to bed relatively early which reminds me I am supposed to getting early nights and making a note of what time I go to be, because I can be naughty and stay up reading till very late! I must start doing that!

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 6/16 - currently reading Torchwood Border Princes by Dan Abnett
Jamie's Reading challenge 3/12 - currently reading
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...