Sunday 2 August 2009

NAFAS Show Coventry

National Association of Flower Arranging Societies - Annual Show - Coventry 18th July, 2009

Not much chat just some photos of the wonderful arrangements, had a fab day travelled up with the Flower Group I go to, and enjoyed a lovely day with June, Sylvia and Rebecca. Totally in awe of the amazing designs and skills used to make the arrangements. Below is the winner of the whole show and the rest of the photos are my personal favourites, and they are just a very small selection of the amazing arrangements. It was both inspirting and humbling, showing me what can be achieved and how much I have to learn and the skills I need to develop.


Above the overall winner - the one thing we felt would have been useful was an explanation from the judges as to why particular arrangements were winners and others weren't.




Above is one of my top 3, I just couldn't pick a favourite - choosing one would have been impossible. Below 2 entries out of the miniatures - these designs are only 6 inches high - truly amazing, and they are totally in proportion, such amazing skill. (Amazing may be an over used word here, but they were all breathtaking and we were just totally in awe).


Back to the bigger ones ....



this one was based on pole dancing!


futuristic ....


all green, another of my top 10 .....


I love the balance in this design ....



this design was about 5 foot .....

a more traditional style, again another favourite


the roses in this arrangement were stunning, as was the design ....


a romantic arrangement ......


an arrangement which is low and flat ....

A flower arrangement, not cupcakes ........ and below including lots of thread ......



another of my very favourites .......


Wow!



Wow!



D-Day - can you spot the hand-grenade?


this arrangement was way taller than me ......



San Francisco in the 1960's
This is only a small selection of the photos I took, we managed a little bit of shopping and I picked up a couple of Ikebana dishes and a Kenzan, as well as some other bits and pieces. Lots of interesting purchases for the future if I ever decide to enter a competition.
Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 4/16 - currently reading Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...