Tuesday 25 August 2009

Radiazios

I did some work on my assignments today and managed to get one polished off (one about record keeping) and watched some cricket. Later on in the day Mike took Jamie over to his Mum's as Mike and I were going out with our friends Anne and Martin for a meal, which I was looking forward to very much. We were going to Rodizios Steakhouse, a newish restaurant in the Theatre District of Central MK.

I was certainly in the mood to celebrate so once we were seated the cocktails menu was a must. I headed straight for the raspberry daiquiri, Mike had a creamy concoction, Martin a Mojito and Anne I can't remember, must be because of the second daiquiri that followed my first.


Rodizio's is a Churrascaria (pron. Shoo-rah-scah-ree-ah) and that is a Brazilian Steakhouse which serves Rodizio. Rodizio is when you pay a fixed price and the meat waiter (lots of them young and handsome!) regularly brings around selections of barbecued meat (beef, steak, gammon, chicken, sausages in our case) and they slice it for you at your table with HUGE knives! You have a little sign on the table and you have it showing green if you want more meat or red if you are resting. There is also a huge selection of vegetables, salads, rice, lasagna, and some hot Brazilian vegetables and bean dishes in sauces. The salads, rice cakes, carrots and roast potatoes were superb and the meat was lovely, especially the gammon - maybe a tad too salty for some. I wasn't too keen on the sausages but I'm a bit picky about sausages.




We certainly enjoyed ourselves, perhaps my only criticism was the noise, it was very noisy - maybe on another night, not a weekend it may not be so noisy. I would certainly go again, and when we explained it to Jamie he is very keen to be able to go. Worth checking out, it is a different concept and you certainly can have plenty to eat. It is cheaper earlier in the week than weekends. We never even bothered to look at the desert menu, but managed a coffee each.

It was nice to see Martin and Anne, I need to organise for them to come to us, as we had a lovely Sunday Lunch with them a little while ago, but it can be difficult finding dates, as Mike and Martin are opposite each other shift wise, but I will start throwing some dates about soon.
I took a huge bone home for Binnie which was a mistake, as it turned her little tum over quite badly and she was not a well bunny the following day. After a little lie in, we came downstairs to an unmistakable, doggy has been unwell smell. No more bones for Binnie, she likes them, they don't like her. But she is fine and dandy again now!

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 4/12 - currently reading Rotten Romans by Terry Deary
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...