Tuesday 4 August 2009

Tuesday 4th August

Flower Club

As downstairs is in disarray, due to decorating the kitchen I have made sure, upstairs is given a good tidy round today, at least we can be half tidy. The weather is horrid, rain and more rain and Mike is on a driving course, rather than have speeding points on his licence, when he would rather be painting the kitchen! So today everything is a bit bitty and in a kind of uproar!



I was able to escape from it all this evening though as I was at flower club. Jo Williams gave an amazing demo entitled 'My Favourite Things' as you can see from the pictures above and below. As the demonstrators seem to be, she was interesting and a bit wacky. She certainly has a passion for what she does and was full of interesting information about all the plants and flowers she was using, she was very keen on ivy and h???? (I will fill this in at some point - when I have time to find out!), I had never realised there were so many varieties of ivy!




It would be difficult to pick which is my own favourite from her designs, and she had some amazing stands, a couple of which I would like to invest in eventually.


I remembered to buy a raffle ticket tonight which turned out to be a good idea, as my ticket was drawn first and I got to choose one of the designs and went for the all foliage design (above), it really appealed to me with such a wonderful use of colour. A second of my strip of tickets was pulled out too, but I asked them to draw again and give someone else the opportunity of taking one of the wonderful arrangements home.



As always it was lovely to see June and Sylvia. Some of Sylvia's other students had come along and seemed to enjoy themselves, they had all heard of me and some of my work in Sylvia's class, so I went very red! June had also brought me a lovely glass bowl which is the perfect size for a kenzan as a birthday present, which was really lovely, as I've said on a previous email, I have met such lovely people through flower arranging.




Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 6/16 - currently reading Torchwood Border Princes by Dan Abnett
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...