Tuesday 4 August 2009

PTTLS - Day One

Monday 27th July


Preparing to Teach in the Life Long Learning Sector


Today I started on the PTLLS Course and I really enjoyed day 1. There's a good mix of people on the course and everyone is getting on really well. The tutors seem good too and one of them is into floristry/flower arranging so we had something to chat about.


It was quite weird for me as I haven't done any formal education for quite a while now, the flower arranging and floristry have just been fun, so it was strange sitting in a classroom.


Today we did a lot of getting to know you stuff, and I was sitting next to a fellow Northerner, except he was a Geordie! Some of the stuff we started learning about were things such as the definition of learning, our learning experiences, good and bad, the learning cycle, barriers to learning (and we all have plenty of them), how to establish groundrules and learning styles (our own and what others styles there are). So quite a lot for day one and I am quite tired now I'm home.



We were even set our first assignment today on groundrules! It is a very long time since I have had to write an essay and I reckon if I wasn't writing this blog, I would be quite stumped at where to start! During the lunch-break I had a wander along the high street of SS, and ended up looking into florists for ideas and inspiration and at the type of flowers they had. They had a good stock of flowers, but I would really want to make a lot more of the inside of the shop and make it a lot more inviting to people just dropping in from the street, the passing trade, there seemed to be a lot of space which was underutilised.


I made a very basic start at having a look at the first assignment, but need to get hold of the course book to help me along too, so that has been ordered from Amazon (where else!)


An interesting day!


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 6/16 - currently reading Torchwood Border Princes by Dan Abnett
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading
SLYMI - 1/52 (will I ever scrapbook again - eventually!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...