Thursday 27 August 2009

Second Place at Bucks County Show Flower Arranging Competition/PTLLS Almost Finished!!

My alarm rang at 5 am this morning, I dragged myself out of bed (I am not an early riser!) and threw on some clothes, grabbed a cup of tea, got my bits together and headed out by 5.30, I was aiming to be at the show ground as near 6 as I could, I had until 8am to finish off my arrangement. I got there in good time, headed in and continued from the night before. I finished the hot side of my arrangement and started on the cool. I finished off and checked the other arrangements and left. It then took me over 20 minutes to find my way off the site, let me out of here - I thought I was going to be stuck in there.



I headed home via McDonalds where I treated us to a MacD breakfast which was a very welcome on my part. I then headed off to do a little bit more on my portfolio where I completed the assignment section. We decided we would head off to the show at about 1.00pm, judging was due to take place between 8 and 10 am, so when we got there we would be able to find out if I had won anything. The traffic when we got about 2 miles from the ground was horrendous and the last two miles took over an hour!


The Home and Garden Tent (picture zanypurr)

When we eventually got parked we headed to the Home and Garden tent to see how I had done. I had to a Second place for my Hogarth Curve and a Highly Commended for my with wood arrangement. Wow, it was my first competition and I had no idea what to expect so I was really pleased. The winners were very 'traditional' dare I even say old fashioned which made me think the judge was very into that traditional style of arrangement. My philosophy on this at the moment is I am just learning and I want to develop my own style and see where that takes me, learning as much as I can as I go.




We then had a wander around the show, there were some amazing flowers and HUGE vegetables in the home and garden tent. We saw some of the dogs very cute beagles, bassets and some others and a demonstration of hearing dogs. We wandered around most of the tents, had a bite to eat, although there wasn't much left and we felt that because of the captive nature of the audience it was a tad expensive. But we had a lovely ice-cream and I had a caramel one which was delicious, not my usual choice of flavour, but one I will have again.
Here are my certificates .....



We moved the car and then at 5.15 I collected my bits put them in the car and we came home to celebrate!! I was pretty pleased and look forward to having another go next year.



I put a couple of arrangements from the trellis in the bay window.



I think the pressure of it all is getting to Jamie .....


My winnings - I had promised Jamie he could have any winnings, if I got anything, so he was a happy bunny .....

Here he is showing off his 'tattoo', the Metallica obsession continues .....

and here it is in close-up, James would be proud!





Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 5/12 - currently reading Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by
SLYMI - 1/52

1 comment:

  1. This is very nice blog regarding to PTLLS Course .Of course it is far essential for you to be well trained before seeking for a job...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...