Wednesday 19 August 2009

PTLLS - Day 7 - My Micro-teach Today

So how did I get on in my Micro-teach well, perhaps even better than I was hoping for. It all went extremely well and everyone managed to make a button hole, and not only that they enjoyed making them and some of the guys wore them in their shirts and a couple of the girls put them in their hair! I got some brilliant feedback from my peer group and super feedback from the tutors. Some things I need to have a look at and work on, but heavens it was only the start!




I was very pushed for time, need to practice how to work with learners who struggle and need to relax and feel confident while demonstrating (I may look calm, I wasn't!) but I really enjoyed the whole experience.


So the question to be answered from the course is do I think teaching is for me, YES! I really really do, I have totally enjoyed the whole experience and feel as though I really have something to work towards now, and feel I have something I want to do now very much. This is just the very start, but I feel I have had all of my questions answered and now want to complete this first step as well as I can.


I missed out on a McIntyre lunch today, as I was setting up for my micro-teach but I will make up for it tomorrow. I cannot recommend too highly the McIntyre bakery and cafe on Stony Stratford High Street, their sandwiches and cakes are super and very very reasonably priced too, even when eating in.


It is the last day of the course tomorrow and that will seem a little strange as I have found it both challenging, rewarding and enjoyable and feel I have got just about everything I wanted to get out of the course, out of the course. I think one of two may have decided teaching isn't for them, too much form filling and paper work, but perhaps my local government background means that is very much the norm and I understand that part of the work. I still have a good bit of course work to do, but today means that 9 out of the 14 components for the portfolio are now complete and so far out of the ones I've had back I only have one which needs a bit more work for a pass. Pretty pleased so far.



Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince



So as a little reward to myself I took Jamie to see Harry Potter finally, as I have been promising to take him since it opened. We enjoyed it very much, it is difficult not to enjoy Harry Potter really! It is surprising to see how they have all grown up now from the very first HP film, I was expecting what happened (no spoilers) but it was still a shock. Jamie knew too, so it was not a surprise to him either. It ended up being quite a late one, so I expect to be tired tomorrow.



Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 8/16 - currently reading Lovers and Players by Jackie Collins
Jamie's Reading challenge 4/12 - currently reading Romans by Terry Deary
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...