Sunday 16 August 2009

Friday 7th August

Activity Land

The kitchen is largely finished now, with only a few bits a pieces to go back up on the walls and it looks good, Mike has worked really hard and done an excellent job. I'll get some photos up as soon as I can. We (well I) decided I wanted to move a couple of things around and so we did that today, I think it works. The magic triangle (cooker, sink and fridge) you're 'supposed' to have in the kitchen is smaller now, as we've moved the fridge and freezer, so we'll see how it works. I guess we'll be going for stuff in the old place for weeks now and trying to put the milk away into the dresser. Some pictures will follow, when the pictures are back on the wall.

I took Jamie and his friend L to Activity Land today, so they had a really good play around amongst all the fun stuff there and they had tea there too. They seemed to have a really good time, and got outside for a play too, even though the weather was not brilliant. In fact on our way to collect L the heavens opened and the rain was running down the streets like a stream and we saw a couple of drains which were struggling to cope - ah the British summer!

I decided to get on with one of my assignments while the boys were playing and stuck myself in a corner with a drink and my books, shut out all of the noise and starting working. It went well and by the time I got home I was ready to put pen to paper, well fingers to keyboard and got my first assignment in the bag, which pleased me no end. It was my assignment on Assessment methods, thank goodness the word count is only a guide as I have gone way over it. I am hoping to drop that assignment and at least one more off on Monday.

Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 7/16 - currently reading Controversy by Dillon Burroughs
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Astrosaurs by Stephen Cole
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...