Monday 17 August 2009

Back on the PTLLS (Day 5)

Day 5 of my PTLLS Course today and it was lovely to see everyone again today. This week we started doing our micro-teaches and it is not as simple as making a presentation. They have to have a variety of activities and opportunities for 'the learners' (that is everyone in the group) to participate in an activity too. We had a quite a selection of topics and activities today, all of which were really interesting but most importantly provided a great learning opportunity. I did see the largest rabbit I have ever seen in my life and it was impressive. (You can find some pictures of the size of them if you follow this link http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.hoax-slayer.com/images/giant-rabbit2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.hoax-slayer.com/giant-rabbit.shtml&usg=__mkQmjHAH0jGapwFkC-RzZbBNBC0=&h=306&w=400&sz=14&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=pbgUILFNAWMAtM:&tbnh=95&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlarge%2Brabbit%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGLL_en-GBGB305GB306%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

The hardest part of today was giving feedback, it is not an easy thing to do and I thought all 3 micro teaches today were very good, but it's also necessary to give more than just praise as very often in life we learn more from the mistakes we made, or thinking about how we could have done something better than we do if we get something right first time. It made me think about learning to drive and I learnt to drive so I could pass my test and then I learnt to drive so I could survive on the roads and I think I learnt more the first few times, I was in the car on my own than I did in all my lessons. I remember setting off and not putting my lights on once, in over 20 years plus driving I've rarely done it since!

I also got 3 assignments back today and two have passed at level 4 which pleases me lots (and lots and lots) and one has been Refer (which is modern speak for fail!), in reality there are a couple of things I need to add into the work (I've said what and why about something but not the how), so once I've done that I can resubmit and it should be fine and dandy.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 7/16 - currently reading Controversy by Dillon Burroughs
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Astrosaurs by Steve Cole
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...