Sunday 2 August 2009

Thursday 23rd July

Jamie at holiday club again, he was really looking forward to it this morning. When I went to collect him, he was holding this green planter which was full of herbs and looks amazing. I thought Wow that is going to look fab in the garden! Mike has been on night shift all week, so it has been a quiet week really. Me well I just did all of the usual stuff again!

Just a quick plug for The Friars 40th Anniversery 2 - it is going to be Stiff Little Fingers on October 23rd and tickets have gone on sale.

Details of the Friars gig can be found at http://www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk/index1.html

Book(let) Review - The Prehistoric Monuments of Avebury




Interesting read, lots of facts and lots of stuff I didn't know, just one of those things I wanted to get off my bedside table. A connection to MK too as we have Avebury and Silbury Boulevard's, Windmill Hill and we used to have The Sanctuary - all named after areas in and around Avebury. I found a couple of pictures from when we visited Avebury in 2004, with a smaller Jamie examining one of the stones, Mike is 5/10 so it gives you some idea of the height of the stone, I am kind of guessing but this may be one of the stones in the SW sector, but I really don't know. Amazing to see them and of course, incredibly tactile, as you can see with Jamie, you just want to touch them. I remember lots of sheep poo too! I have a feeling we were on our way to Bristol August 2004.







Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 6/16 - currently reading Torchwood Border Princes by Dan Abnett
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...