Sunday 16 August 2009

Saturday 15th August - Some Really Old Photos

Mike has been given to access to a huge stack of photos from Friars days but they are all on slides, so he has been having a bit of a play around to see if he can convert them. As we have a ton of old slides from my childhood, he decided to practice on ours before he gets his hands on the other ones, get his system up and running so to speak. You know I'm from up north, but what I haven't really talked about, is that my Mum died when I was 14 so my memories of her are a bit patchy, especially as she was ill for much of the last couple of years of her life. Anyway some of the photos Mike played around with were taken in Norfolk in 1976 and when I saw what he had managed to do with them I was amazed and choked too, it was wonderful to see my Mum on the computer screen. I thought I would share some of these on here as I think they are wonderful.

This is my Mum in 1976 on a boat on the Norfolk broads, she would have been 52 when this picture was taken, it was a couple of years before she became ill.


This is Mum with her dog Sooty and me (my hair looks really ginger in that photo!) sat having tea outside the caravan (we had one of those that you pull behind the car) - we were staying in Cromer.





This is Mum, me and Sooty again, this time in Sheringham - Mike and I love Norfolk and always try to go to Sheringham if we are staying at Hunstanton, so that's a big coincidence.

This is how I remember my Mum with her overall on, busy around the house or garden, she never really stopped, maybe just to read the evening paper when it arrived around tea-time. She is stood outside our house in Marske, near Redcar. She was a cook by profession and oh my, she really could cook and bake - anything and everything perfectly.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 7/16 - currently reading Controversy by Dillon Burroughs
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Astrosaurs by Steve Cole
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...