Tuesday 4 August 2009

PTLLS - Day 3

Jamie was off to Holiday Club again today at school, so I dropped him up there before I headed off for day 3 of my course. Today we did the Training cycle, differentiation, aims and objectives when planning your sessions, group dynamics (our group is coming together really well and everyone appears to get on well, which is lovely), Maslow (how come you do Maslow in every single course you ever do - weird!), schemes of work and session planning. I had a wander at lunchtime with another lady from the course and took back a large mug of Costa which kept me going through nearly most of the afternoon session.


I moved seats today, which caused a bit of consternation with my northern chum, but not because I wasn't enjoying sitting with him, he is good fun, but I wanted to challenge myself to work with some other people too, and make sure I experience everything possible from a learner's point of view, understanding how people feel in that situation is always useful to being able to support their learning.


Jamie had a thoroughly brilliant time at Holiday Club again, so that is excellent, it has been organised really well and they are doing some exciting stuff with them. Jamie wants to go again on Friday, so who are we not to let him.


I made a start on one of my assignments and got quite a bit done, so that is quite good. I will concentrate on them more next week, but I have got something down on paper for two, which pleases me no end. I have a habit of being a bit of a last minute minnie, but I am really trying to work on that and make life a lot easier for myself and set a good example for Jamie.


As for anything else, well I'm not getting much done at all, not much housework, scrapping, flower arranging or reading, they will have to wait, my priorities are the course.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 6/16 - currently reading Torchwood Border Princes by Dan Abnett
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading TBC
SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...