Tuesday 4 August 2009

It's My Birthday!! - Sunday 2nd August

Today is my birthday! I am 44 today! We often go out for a day on my birthday, but as I am tied up with college stuff and Mike is busy decorating, we decided to have a low key one this year and that is really cool. We sometimes try too hard to do too much and end up quite tired and weary, perhaps we are getting sensible with age, not too sensible or that would be very boring.

We had hoped to head up to Stratford upon Avon on Friday gone, to see my old mate Macca playing a gig, but Mike wasn't able to get the night off work, so we will have to take a rain check on that one and catch up with him some other time. That would have been a lovely birthday treat as we haven't seen the 'old git' for some time. Talking of him there is a smallish interview with him in this month's Word magazine too!


As for pressies, well I really don't need that much these days but I had directed Mike to a couple of things which might be useful scrapbook wise, sadly he was let down in a way by both companies. I had guided him to a paper storage tote which was on sale and they sent the wrong item (same price - different item) so I have got a Mimi tool storage tote, which would have been on the shopping list, but not yet. Anyway it is still very lovely and I am building up my matching collection of storage for my scrap crap. when I go to crop and off to a retreat at some point hopefully.


The other item which hasn't arrived and looks like it has got lost in the post was to be a We Are Memory Keepers magnetic cutting mat, so I am able to produce layouts which are straight! There was also to be a circle cutter too. Mike is currently pursuing that with the shop and hopefully a replacement should arrive before too long. No point getting worked up about it, it will all sort itself out in due course.


Tonight we headed out to TGI Friday's in the Theatre District for a nice meal and a couple of cocktails or 3 or 4. I had a voucher from them which meant I got a birthday cocktail for me and 1 other, which was super! The place was quite empty, which meant it was quiet and I have to say that is how I like it. We had a good waitress too which always makes the evening even more enjoyable.

My drinks! hiccup!


We started with cheesey nachos and the dips, I love guacamole (love, love love, love it) and mozzarella dippers which we all shared. Jamie and Mike both had burgers and I had steak and chicken fajitas, not suprisingly we couldn't manage desert, but we had birthday cake later anyway! Mike and Jamie had lots of milkshakes and I had to content myself with a cocktail or two. I started with a strawberry daiquiri (my fave), had a strawberry bellini, then a pina colada (oh how it brings back our holiday in the Caribbean!!) and then another strawberry daiquiri and I was only a little merry!! We all enjoyed ourselves very much and my favourite birthday being with Mike, and Jamie what else could I ask for.


Ciao

Sue

XX

Reading challenge 6/16 - currently reading Torchwood Border Princes by Dan Abnett
Jamie's Reading challenge 2/12 - currently reading Bed and Breakfast Star by Jacqueline Wilson SLYMI - 1/52

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...